We are recruiting for a Senior Design Manager / Technical Design Manager to be based in our design studio in Birmingham. The role involves coordinating the work of the design team, liaising with contractors and clients tender stage onwards.
Ideal candidates may be from a technical background, a project management background or alternatively a design (creative) background but with strong technical knowledge.
Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinating and checking drawing packages
• Preparing tender packages and issuing to contractors
• Assisting the design team with technical queries
• Managing projects during the construction phase
• Managing the procurement of supplied items during the construction phase
• Carrying out snagging and defects inspections
• Working with the Design Director to monitor and implement internal systems and processes
Required skills and attributes:
• Thorough understanding of the project delivery process
• Excellent technical knowledge
• AutoCAD experience is preferred but not essential
• Organised, detail focused
• A good team player
Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
Application Deadline – Friday 24th March 2017
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, due to the high number of applicants we will only be able to respond to individuals we invite for interview.
Please note no recruitment agents please.